Daily rants of Trey B. and some select friends, living in Houston TX. Its for his friends, family, co-workers, and those who don't know him but really have nothing better to do. Please leave comments,.. good comments will be added to the posts, and might even get you an guest account to Forknlife.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

JohnB here, with my first post, and would you believe it I have my first problem. It appears that blogger doesn't like Mozilla, so I'm going to have to revert to Internet Explorer, boo hiss.

For those strange people who like looking at pictures I have a couple of albums online at yahoo. I'm the big guy with the (now graying)beard.

Thought for today if you'd spent a rather large sum of money on a nice new shiny IPod why would you want to hide it?





Mind you being as I used to have one of the yellow walkmen (walkman's?) I guess I shouldn't complain as it appears it's coming back into style :-)

So what else caught my eye today, hmmm I guess the home made flame thrower would be one thing, it does seem to work quite well.



Must remember to check I have fire insurance.

While we're taking about things of an offensive nature how would you like this pepper spray gun with a difference. What's the difference you ask, well if your attacker is pretty indifferent to pepper (think the bad guy in Under Siege 2: Dark Territory) then you can zap them with 200,000 volts.



On the techy front I've been playing with a neat program today called x1. Once installed on your P.C. it indexes all your mail, any attachments they have, your contacts and every file on all your disks. You can then search for that elusive file or message by name or content "as quick as you can type" or so they say, and I have to admit they're pretty much correct. Once you've found the file the system contains it's own internal viewer that displays over 250 different file formats so you can get a quick look before deciding if this is the file you want. So what's the down side, the nearly $100 price tag, though you do get 2 licenses for that. If nothing else it may be indicative of what is to come in Windows if Microsoft ever manage to get Longhorn out of the door.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home