Daily rants of Trey B. and some select friends, living in Houston TX. Its for his friends, family, co-workers, and those who don't know him but really have nothing better to do. Please leave comments,.. good comments will be added to the posts, and might even get you an guest account to Forknlife.

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Well, what a day..
Today my 'former' boss Martin announced that this was his last day with our company and that he was retiring...
Although I knew it was coming I had no idea it was today... Its just his way of doing things
32 years seniority makes for a hell of a long, and fruitful career.
I rushed to make sure that he had a proper send off including the obligatory cake and ice-cream get together, and after hours drinks...
This guy was one-of-a-kind... A Norwegian fellow who had a great way of attacking a difficult business situation, and was wise enough to know the best path to take in almost any situation.
All I can say is that I am very grateful to have worked, and most of all learned under him...

I know companies must re-invent themselves and bring in new blood, but he is one asset that will be missed, unless of course we hire him as a high priced consultant (a great idea in my book).

Anyway.. Although I know he will never see this,.. Martin.. The pleasure and gratitude was all ours... Thanks for the knowledge and the memories... All the best on your new ventures...(and remember us when you get your company going).

Here's to you...









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home